Sammy Hagar The Red Rocker

January 24, 2013 Rosie 2 Comments


As many of you know I love Sammy Hagar and his music.  We have traveled to Mississippi and Louisiana to see his shows. One day we hope to make it to his Birthday Bash in Cabo San Lucas or Tahoe. In the mean time I will try to get as many shows as I can. I had a fellow crafter Monica Flores cut these for me a while back with the intention to make a book of our many photos for all our past shows.

Well you know how things go, life gets in the way. It's hard to blog everyday but I will try to blog as much as time allows.

A while back my mother in law surprised me with the Jaded Blossom Birthday Kit which included a set of calendars. I made what I needed for Christmas and had 6 left. I didn't want the calendars to go to waste so I was sitting in my craft area and was looking around and saw my envelope with my paper Sammys and knew instantly I had to make calendars. I copied the background it's originally a paper shirt I purchased along time ago on eBay that we have in a frame. I also knew I had to include Cabo Wabo Tequila Bottle, and this is the outcome. One sits on my desk at work next to my Sammy frame.
I sent a few to some fellow redheads that I met on Facebook, and the requests came flooding in for the calendars. I made 10 more and they were purchased instantly. What surprised me was that I had requests from Canada and the United Kingdom.

I already have a few orders for 2014 :)

I would like to thank Aaron Hagar for giving me his permission in using the Cabo Wabo bottle he painted. He also loved the calendar! One is being sent so he can give it to Sammy himself :)

I asked a fellow Silhouette Crafter cut and print the Sammys for me.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I love it! I always make my husband laugh because I tell him I love Sammy's teeth! He had nice white teeth before people started whitening their teeth!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete