The History of Domingo Bustillos

July 05, 2017 Rosie 0 Comments

Domingo Esteban Bustillos, was born August 1779, in Bexar County, Texas, and died November 1854. Domingo Bustillos, my 7th great-grandfather, has a very rich history in San Antonio, Texas. I am honored to have him as an ancestor. I have been trying to research my family history and I never seemed to make any real progress. I've been a collector of documents and my genealogy is a chaotic mess. With the help of my daughter, we will be trying to organize all my paperwork which will be one lengthy project. I think my frustration is that we have so many lines to research and I feel like I’m going in circles. My vow to my ancestors is that I’m finally going to get it together and get all this paperwork organized so I can tell their stories. I’ve been meeting with family historians and they have been very helpful in showing me how to get organized. I will be sharing my ancestor’s stories, a little at a time, and I will also be sharing other researcher’s work in future posts. I have received permission from the individuals to share their stories. If it wasn't for my grandmother's quest for knowledge about our family history I would have never gone down this path. I want to thank my elders for the research they have done. I hope to make them proud and finish what they started. With the proper documentation, I was able to prove my lineage to Domingo Bustillos, which I find to be a very important part of the process. In my experience dealing with vital documents, I have found it be very important to search for name misspellings if you are unable to locate a document. I have run into a few of those incidents so far with several family members.

I want to thank my cousin Erika A. Haskins for all her hard work in putting this together for the Handbook of Texas Online.

Please check out the link below for more information about Domingo Bustillos.

https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fbu87

Handbook of Texas Online, Erika A. Haskins, "Bustillo, Domingo ," accessed July 05, 2017, http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fbu87.
Uploaded on April 28, 2015. Published by the Texas State Historical Association

0 comments: